In today’s Digital World, Marketing is directly proportional to the adoption of new technology by the masses. In the year 2009, Brian Acton and Jan Koum came with their household messaging application “WhatsApp”- Which now incorporates more than 1.2 Billion Monthly users and has become essential for the masses to fulfill their regular messaging needs. Seeing such a wide target base, businesses are realizing the power of WhatsApp Marketing and they are looking for professionals who can design and execute result-driven WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies. This blog will help you do that just in five steps-
5 Steps to Design WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies
1. Know what WhatsApp Marketing is & Why Businesses Need It
To understand what WhatsApp Marketing Campaign is, the first thing you need to comprehend what WhatsApp is, how it works and what its powers are. Simply describing then WhatsApp is a free mobile app that utilizes the internet connection of your phone and allows you to chat, call and video call with other WhatsApp users, without any SMS or calling charges. It also allows you to share files and images as per your need and convenience.
The reason why businesses should incorporate WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategy in their marketing campaigns is its power, interactive nature, great convenience, personal touch and effective applicability.
Just pay a heed to below-given stats-
WhatsApp is the most popular alternative to SMS in 109 countries which is around 60 % of the world
Every single day, around 50+ billion messages are sent via WhatsApp
Like Social Media Channels, WhatsApp too has become ubiquitous as a top-ranked messaging APP. It is the most sought-after messaging application in the world and such a great acceptance is the reason why businesses need to run WhatsApp Marketing Campaign.
Why Businesses need WhatsApp Marketing Campaigns Strategies
- The best reason to include WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategy for business is, the great number of their customers would already be using it whom they can target and convert via WhatsApp marketing
- As per the Nielsen’s Facebook Messaging Survey, more than 67 percent of mobile users prefer using chat for communicating with businesses and around 53 percent of respondents say that they will prefer shopping with a business they can message directly
- If you wish to target young prospects then WhatsApp is going to be your best resort because 42 percent of Smartphone owners between 18 and 29 years old prefer messaging via WhatsApp than 19 % of Smartphone owners who are 50 or 50+
- WhatsApp Marketing Campaign also ensures great engagement rates, as more than 95% of mobile messages are opened and read
- Around 90 % of WhatsApp Messages are opened within three seconds of being received
- WhatsApp is also one of the most preferred marketing channels to share content via Dark Social means in which marketers share content via private channels
2. Know the Available Ways to use WhatsApp Marketing Campaign
To run WhatsApp Marketing Campaign, you can find different versions of WhatsApp for iPhones, Android Phones, and Windows phone. Web App and Desktop versions of WhatsApp is also available for you but first, having it installed on your mobile phone is must, as every WhatsApp account has to tied directly to a single phone number. After downloading and installing WhatsApp, you should provide the details regarding country and enter your telephone number. Importing your Facebook information is also available to set up your profile, or you can manually add an image, your profile name and activate your WhatsApp account.
- For marketing or for general, WhatsApp goes through your contact lists and displays you an up-to-date directory of WhatsApp users who you already know
- Anyone who is having your phone number saved in their phone’s address book will also recognize that you have come on WhatsApp excepting you have not done any specific security and privacy settings provided by WhatsApp
Now, we have come to the main thing for which we delve into this section i.e. the available ways to use WhatsApp Marketing Campaign, so let us peep into those-
- It this way, you can directly chat with other users who are on your phone contact list, in a similar way as any chat program would work
- This way of using WhatsApp also allows you to call or video call to your prospects or send some recorded audio snippets to them
- Via broadcast lists in WhatsApp Marketing Campaign, you can send a message to anyone in your contact list who has your number saved in the address book of their phones
- This is similar to the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) in emails and your contacts will see a broadcast message in similar way as they see a normal message
- Contacts’ reply to a Broadcast message appears as a normal one-to-one message. You can send a broadcast messages simultaneously to 256 contacts
- Groups in WhatsApp Marketing lets you make a group of maximum 256 people and you can share message, videos, and photos to all of them at once
- In Groups, every member can chime in and can also see the responses of everyone else
The first thing to run a WhatsApp Marketing Campaign is knowing the right way to use it. The inevitable to connect to targets on WhatsApp is, your prospects should save your contact numbers. Bombarding messages to customers can lead you to “BLOCKED FOR LIFETIME” and no marketer would ever like to face such scenarios. WhatsApp Marketing Campaigns is similar to Email Campaign in which you need to take consent to contact via email from the users to run it successfully.
3. Get ideas from Successful WhatsApp Marketing Campaigns
Below given are some of the successful campaigns that used top WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies to target, engage and convert their customers-
- The mayonnaise brand Hellman came up with its WhatsApp Marketing Campaign named as WhatsCook to give Brazilian consumers a customized experience
- When the customers signed up for this campaign online, they were asked to send photos of the items they have put in their refrigerator so the Hellman’s chefs can guide them what to make with the available ingredients
- Via WhatsApp, users could get more direct and personal services and guidance in which their dilemma got sorted immediately. It proved how mobile messaging via WhatsApp can be the best platform to solve specific needs of consumers
- This campaign generated 13,000 sign-ups and it got 99.5% of users’ approval that made it a huge success in Brazil and then was launched in Chile, Uruguay, and Argentina
- This one is considered as one of the most intelligent WhatsApp Marketing Campaigns. In 2013, company launched ‘Absolut Unique’, which was a limited collection and for celebrating the launch, company hosted an exclusive party for which only 2 tickets were available to general public
- Company asked its customers and other interested individuals to send a WhatsApp message to a particular number and interact with ‘Sven’ (a virtual doorman)
- Users were asked to be as creative as possible for convincing Sven to get the tickets. Users sent variety of fun-full, crazy and creative stuffs that include hilarious voice notes and interesting videos
- Within 3 days company interacted with more than 600 users and received 1000+ audio, video and image messages that were sent to convince ‘Sven’
- Online gift retailer Buyagift launched a WhatsApp Marketing Campaign for informing its customers about deals and discounts on the site
- Company started sending alerts direct to WhatsApp that was a way of prompting immediate responses from customers. Getting a personal message on mobile became more exclusive than an email
- It was a sales driven campaign that was interesting and more interactive that customers also found highly useful in getting personalized services
4. Know the best WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies
As WhatsApp does not provide sell ad space or any business-specific features, it is why very important to be innovative, engaging and interesting in your WhatsApp marketing approach. You ought to include the personal touch in your marketing campaign that lets your consumers interact with their friends and ensures better credibility with the audiences. Below given are some of the best WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies-
Best WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Strategies
- Create an Engaging Brand Persona for Whatsapp to chat with users and build buzz
- Offer one-on-one help to inspire new uses for a product
- Offer Great Value to build a phone database, plus, be Interactive and engaging
- Offer discreet advice and service to high-value customers
- Encourage user opt-in and Provide simple and clear instructions
- Offer Always On Relevant Content for Free
- Deliver Speedy Customer Service
- Ensure Consumer Research
5. Know best WhatsApp Marketing Campaign Tools
Below given is the list of WhatsApp Mobile Marketing Tools-
1. WhatsApp Bulk Sender
- It is a WhatsApp Marketing Software that lets you find most active WhatsApp number from your main list of mobile contacts
- You can send scheduled messages using Text, Videos, Images, Audio Files, and GPS Location over WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Bulk Sender tool also offers you options such as changing status, replying any incoming messages with automated replies, changing profile photos, etc.
2. Bulk WhatsApp Sender
- It is one of the best WhatsApp Marketing Tools & Solutions that help you run successful WhatsApp Marketing Campaign
- Via Bulk WhatsApp Sender, you can find all kinds of WhatsApp marketing solutions-
- WhatsApp Channels
- WhatsApp Marketing Suite
- WhatsApp Marketing Panel
- WhatsApp Marketing Services
- It is one of the best Web-Based WhatsApp Marketing Panels that allows you to run WhatsApp marketing campaigns on the cloud
- It is a WhatsApp marketing script which is web based script and you can operate it from anywhere and can scale your WhatsApp campaigns to larger numbers
- It is one of the Premium WhatsApp Marketing Services that ensure accurate and 100% guaranteed delivery
- You can also opt for this one if you wish to enjoy some WhatsApp marketing packages for resellers
- Again a top rated WhatsApp Marketing Channels that let you have channels to all Script, Software, and tools
- The company offers WhatsApp channels all around the world including countries like India, China, Philippines, USA, Canada, Egypt, etc.
On the concluding note, I hope you find this post a good start to learn and develop a WhatsApp Marketing Campaign that effectively targets and successfully converts.
Enrolling in Mobile Marketing course will help you master WhatsApp marketing and run result-driven mobile marketing campaign on WhatsApp.
Feel free to comment and let me know about other WhatsApp Marketing tools that you think I missed in this post.